As you get into your new routine of studies and balancing timetables…remember the little things that count. Here is a little list of things that you can do to just add that little ingredient of relaxation to your day while you run from class to class.
- In the morning, wake up with enough time and press sleep, do not fall back asleep, but just lay and feel your body waking up. Stretch your toes, calves, thighs, torso and shoulders. All the while thinking of the good things the day will bring.
- On your way to school, walking or bus, take a moment to see your surrounding, see that leaf fall to the ground and take joy in it. See another person smile at you, smile back at them.
- During class, organize yourself right away.
- Take at least 10 deep breathes during the day, especially when there are flowers around.
- Make time for friends.
- Make time to clean your living space…clear the clutter, clear your brain.
- When you get home and find your spot, a park, or clear space and take at least 5min to meditate. To help you with this tips on meditation can be found here: Meditation Tips
- Keep a day-timer book, not phone screen, a good old fashioned schedule book where you can write and keep ideas and not fuss with technology.
- Walk wherever you can.
- Laugh with your whole heart.
Follow a couple of these everyday and see your stress wrinkles float away. The main thing is to remember to take care of yourself.
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson